Effective Date: December 20, 2009
Last Updated: N/A
What Personal Information About Customers Does Venfino Collect and Why?
Our primary goals in collecting personal information are to (a) help users of the Site to research venues for private events and help users to select venues that best fit their needs through, for example, use of Venfino's FindMyVenue™ Search Function and (b) provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. In addition to the way in which such information is used as described in detail below, we may also use such information for such purposes as: responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the advertising and content you see, communicating with you about the Site and Service, improving the user experience on the Site, improving the Service, analyzing the venues' performance and creating client lists for sales/marketing purposes. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store information you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of certain special features that are available through the Service. You may choose to provide us with information as part of a support or help request or in one of the ways described below:
Information that We Collect Automatically:
- Search Form, Venue Contact Form and Booking Reward Form: To allow Venfino to help you to narrow down the list of venues that would be suitable for the event that you are planning, we ask that you provide to us certain information regarding the event, for example, the event type and layout, the guest count, the venue type/layout and the preferred neighborhood, in a search form (the "Search Form"). After reviewing the list of venues that is generated by Venfino using your completed Search Form, if you would like to receive the name and contact information of certain or all of the venues included in the list, then we ask you to provide your name, company name (if applicable) and contact information (for example, phone number, email address and best method and time to contact) in addition to certain information regarding the event that you are planning (for example, the event type and layout, the event dates, the guest count, the catering requirements and the budget) in a venue contact form (the "Venue Contact Form") so that we may submit such information to the venues about which you are interested in learning more. If you book an event at a venue about which you learned directly or indirectly through Venfino (i.e., at a venue on a list generated by Venfino or at a venue affiliated with such venue about which you learn from such venue), we'd like to learn more through our booking reward form (the "Booking Reward Form"), through which you will be asked to submit your contact information (for example, your name, company name (if applicable) and phone number or email address) and certain event information. We use such information not only to learn more about the successful booking, but also to reward you for booking a Venfino venue.
- Event Review Form: To improve the user experience on the Site, we ask that you provide to us certain feedback regarding the venue at which you decided to host your event and your experience in using the Site. We ask that you provide such feedback, in addition to your contact information (for example, your name, the company name (if applicable) and your email address) and information regarding your event (for example, the event type) in an event review form (the "Event Review Form"). Such information may be made available to the venues being reviewed and/or posted on venue pages, general testimonial pages and/or other web pages available through the Site. Such information may also be syndicated to third party web sites. We will only post your first name, the first letter of your last name and your company name (if applicable) in connection with your feedback.
- Refer-a-Venue Form and New Advertiser Form: As a user of the Site, you can help Venfino to expand its venue database by submitting your contact information (for example, your name, your company name (if applicable) and your phone number and/or email address) and the name and contact information for the venue that you would like to see added to Venfino's venue database, through our refer-a-venue form (the "Refer-a-Venue Form"). Following receipt of your completed Refer-a-Venue Form, a Venfino salesperson will reach out to the referred venue. The Venfino salesperson will disclose you as the source of the referral when reaching out to the referred venue, unless you choose to refer the venue anonymously. As a venue, you may request to be added to Venfino's venue database by submitting your contact information (for example, your name, your position and the name of the venue), information regarding the venue (including, without limitation, the venue's current marketing materials and information) and your referral source, through our new advertiser form (the "New Advertiser Form").
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Venfino automatically receives and records certain "traffic data", including, without limitation, your IP address, cookie information, the page you requested, how you got to the Site, how much time you spend on a particular web page and what screen resolutions you are using. Venfino uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the Site and Service. In addition, Venfino automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components. This data is only used in the aggregate. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Site, so we can make the Site appealing to as many customers as possible and otherwise analyze trends to administer and improve the Site and Service. We may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners, potential partners and other third parties, such as venues and advertisers, to illustrate how our users, collectively, use our Site and Service. We share this type of statistical data with such third parties so that, for example, they, too, may try to provide you with a more optimal web experience through our Site.
E-mail and Other Communications:
From time-to-time, we send e-mail communications to our users to: (a) confirm that an event inquiry has been submitted to us by them and that such event inquiry has been sent by us to the applicable venues, (b) to check on the status of the event that they are planning and to let them know of any available offers, specials and other incentives, (c) remind them to submit a review of their event (if they booked a venue through their use of the Site), (d) remind them of a recurring event (for example, an annual fundraiser), (e) request that they complete surveys so that we can learn more about their experience with the Site and Service and learn more about how we can improve the Site and Service, (f) share information regarding the venues listed on the Site (and their affiliated venues) or third party services that may be provided at the venues listed on the Site (and their affiliated venues) or (g) share our newsletters or other information regarding the Site and/or Service. In addition, we may occasionally call our users (i) instead of e-mailing our users for one or more of the reasons listed above or (ii) to check on the status of the event that they are planning. If you do not want to receive certain e-mail or other communications from us, please e-mail us at email@example.com. The frequency of our communications with our users is directly related to the frequency and extent of our users' use of the Site and Service. For example, if a user submits an inquiry to 5 venues in a single visit, our system will send such user a confirmation e-mail for each venue. Likewise, if a user uses the Site to plan 10 events a year, such user will receive subsequent communications related to each specific event.
What about Cookies?
Will Venfino Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information that we collect from our Site users is an integral part of our business. We share your personal information only as described below.
Is Information About Me Secure?
- Affiliated Business We Do Not Control:
We are affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them, for example, the venues that are listed in our venue database and their affiliated venues. We will share certain of your information with such businesses in connection with your requests to learn more about them and their related service providers and in connection with any ensuing relationship or bookings or transactions between you and such businesses as a result of such requests.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples of tasks performed by other companies and people for us include hosting of our Site, provision of hosted customer relationship management software and collection and analysis of Site data.
- Promotional Offers:
We may send reasonably relevant offers to certain customers on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Venfino, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Protection of Venfino and Others:
- With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties.
How do I update my information?
Venfino allows you to update your information by contacting it by e-mail at email@example.com and providing detailed information as to what information needs to be updated.
Can Children Use Venfino's Services?
The Site and Service are available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old. It is the policy of Venfino that the Site is not to be used by children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Conditions of Use
Third Party Sites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy with respect to the Site, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
© 2009 Funk This Entertainment, LLC. All rights reserved.